The Rice Church
Rice Church, formerly known as Liberty Church was built around 1911 as a Primitive Baptist Church in the Rice Community. It was donated to the Arab Historical Society in 1993 by the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church and moved to the Historic Village at Arab City Park. Restored by Society members and volunteers, it officially opened in October, 1995 with a Sacred Harp Singing. Mrs. Shirley Gullion is a regular performer there, giving visitors some Southern Gospel, beautiful piano, and soul-stirring dulcimer. Children appreciate her renditions of the folk songs they have long loved.